When you are travelling, especially internationally, not only is the trip more tiring, there are more chances of delays, missing a connecting flight can be a nightmare. This is where it can be difficult to make affordable and safe parking decisions.
Park and fly type services are one of the most cost-effective ways to be able to have the use of the car before a trip and upon return. Depending on where you live transport to the airport might be difficult, or just not feasible – you may be needing to travel late at night or early in the morning, or you have a lot of baggage, or kids, so hopping on a bus or train just isn’t the right solution for you. When you park and fly, you use your own car to get to the airport, no worries about other transport which may be unreliable – a late bus or train, a friend who has slept in….
Park and fly services are streamlined, travellers are often stressed enough without adding getting to, and parking at an airport to their list of worries. These services have been designed to take away some of the stress, there is no problem finding a parking spot, and no having to wait for hire cars, taxis or friends at the end of a long and exhausting flight.
One of the main benefits you gain from taking advantage of a park and fly service is that you don’t need to rely on family or friends, especially if you fly a lot, you don’t want to be constantly asking people to drop you off or pick you up. Having to wait around on someone can be annoying, are they late, did they forget? Did they sleep in? It’s a lot easier to make the drive yourself so you can do everything you want to do or need to do in a time frame that suits you.
Those who offer park and fly services have taken a lot of steps to ensure your car is parked and secure – it will be there when you get back. This may include a good security camera network or even security guards who walk around. This way you know there is very limited opportunity for your car to be damaged, stolen or broken into.
When you choose a park and fly service, you know exactly what it will cost you, you have a single rate and you know what that rate will be from the start to the end, so there are no surprises at the end of your journey and your return home.
Once you drop your car with the park and fly service you can relax and enjoy a shuttle bus that takes you right to the doors of the airport, with plenty of time to get checked in. When you return home, simply jump on the shuttle bus back to your car, load your luggage, and you’re on your way.
More great reasons to use a park and fly service
- You know your car is safe, parked in an access restricted, fully gated parking facility that has security patrols 24/7, excellent lighting and security cameras all throughout the facility.
- If you have chosen to park under cover all you need do is drive up to the drop-off bay. With a valet service you have staff ready to assist with your luggage, and they will even park the car for you.
- Many park and fly services run a shuttle bus that goes back and forth at scheduled times, other park and fly services operate up to 10 shuttles constantly going back and forth, so you can be sure that there will be a shuttle bus ready to go when you need one.
- You are always guaranteed a friendly service. Staff are there to assist you and help – where they can – with whatever you need. There is nothing better than returning home to a smiling face, happy to help you get on your way.
- If you travel a lot why not ask about a frequent parker programme – you’ll get discounts on parking and car care the more you use them, think of it as frequent flyer points, but for your car.
- If you are going to be away for a few weeks, many services also offer a car washing service, from outside to inside, imagine returning home to a sparkling clean car. You’re on holidays – why not treat your car to a wash and polish while you’re gone.