The Top 7 Must-Have Accessories for Your Ute
The relationship between and man (0r woman) and their Ute is not to be underestimated. That four-wheeled friend gets you through tougher situations than anyone or anything else in life, whether it’s lugging the groceries, transporting farm equipment, carrying construction materials, or taking your favorite snacks to the barbecue.
Of course like any true friend, your Ute must be pampered and spoiled. And while it would be strange to deck your car with jewelry and trinkets, you can still lavish your vehicle with useful accessories that make both your lives easier. Today, we’d like to look at 7 little treasures that your Ute can’t do without.
- If your Ute is routinely in tough, heavy-duty situations, you need to have the right tools. And since you don’t want your tools rolling around or getting damaged while you drive, you need a good tool box. Your tool box will protect the tools themselves from scuffing and wearing out, but it will also protect your Ute from inadvertent dings and scrapes. You can get a box that slides into the gulwing, under-body, or door. Get lockable drawer-style tool boxes for extra security.
- Roof racks are another must have accessory. They provide extra storage space if you need it, and can even be used to hoist a tent or tarp over your car for rain or camping situations. Roof racks cane be permanent or removable, depending on your preference. Speaking of rain and camping, you need canopies and ute liners to keep your car safe and dry from sudden showers. They help to keep the dust off too.
- Some parts of your ute are more delicate than others. Case in point – windows. Your third must-have accessory is a ute tray that includes a mesh insert to protect the rear end of the passenger cabin. Trays are ideal for transport, safety, and they can also add an element of style to your Ute.
- To complete your Ute tray and protect both the tray and its contents from dust and rain, you should invest in some vinyl tonneau covers that fit securely over the tray. While you’re at it, you can get a good rubber mat to protect the bottom of the tray from dirt and damage.
- As a rule, you probably don’t make it a habit to ram your Ute into things. That said, accidents happen, and it helps to have some extra grill power to protect your bumper, headlights, and even your windscreen. Bullbars and nudge bars give your Ute extra gumption in case of head-on collisions with trees, walls, or kangaroos.
- In keeping with the theme of extra storage, trundle drawers are an essential part of any self-respecting ute. They are generally sturdy waterproof and weather-resistant. A good trundle drawer is subtle, because it can slide under the ute tray and fit right in there, safe and snug. They can be locked for extra security.
- Finally, if you want to give the back of your Ute a little height, or simply give Ute tray riders an extra hand-hold, you can install a Ute ladder rack. Some ladder racks can give you an additional 920 mm of head room from the top of the tray, which comes in handy.
Shopping for Ute accessories doesn’t need to be a challenge. You can generally find everything you need in one place, either by shopping online or visiting a reliable ute accessory shop. As you choose your items, keep in mind the important factors. The price needs to be right, but your accessories should be all-weather, so waterproofing is preferable, to avoid rust damage.
Check that the accessories are well made, since you don’t want them to fall apart at the first bump in the road. Some shops offer variety in terms of color, material, and style, so take that into account as well.